I originally referred to the pages on this site as ‘posts’, but on reflection I feel that is misleading and have decided to use the word ‘explorations‘ instead, and will explain.
Explorations are not diary style ‘blog posts’, but more discovery missions. Explorations are revisited and updated over time as I discover more. Explorations do not start as a belief I wish share, but as something to be investigated.
This site is not designed to generate revenue or to attempt to convince the world of a specific point of view. There are times I come to the conclusion and feel “wow, others should see this”, but this site has no promotional mechanism and is not going to practice the type of polarisation required for popularity.
There are three reasons ‘explorations’ can be seen by the public:
- That writing notes on an exploration knowing it is possible anyone just might read my notes creates additional discipline try and be accurate.
- In cases where someone I know has asked me something, it can allow me to share what I find with that person.
- It allows others to add to what I discover by way of comments.
Originally I waited until an exploration had come to a conclusion before allowing it to be seen by others, but I am now revising that, and opening the investigation from an early stage. This leads to explorations being classified specific ‘publication’ types:
- Time Capsule (not updated as significant for time)
- Maintained (kept up to date)
- Newer Version Available : not to be indexed.
- (default) ?
- Needs Update (block from show on lists for now): not to be indexed
- Needs New (needs new page or update but don’t block): still indexed.
- Reference – not a prediction, but record of how things are (or were if also time capsule)
- Explored – The subject has been explored to a found where can conclusions can be made.
- Surprises – Unexpected outcomes where found during exploration.
- Preview: Topic that are a work in progress. Could be worth bookmarking if you are interested in the topic to see what follow, but so far inconclusive.
- Resource Collections: Topics that are considered worth exploring, but still collecting at collecting information stage for later exploration. If time has passed and you are interested please comment on in order to bring it to attention. – not indexed.
Each page is an exploration of an idea. with the goal that through the process of trying to arrange my thoughts sufficiently clearly that anyone could see them, will help crystallise more clearly what makes sense and what does not in relation to issues that come to my attention.
There is no attempting to convince people of any particular perspective. Anyone is welcome to read, and perhaps even provide other perspectives for consideration. This site is not constructed with any mechanisms to attract readers, and by being in text rather popular video format, seeking to be balanced rather than polarising, is the opposite of what thrives on social media.