I originally referred to the pages on this site as ‘posts’, but on reflection I feel that is misleading and have decided to use the word ‘explorations‘ instead, and will explain.
Explorations are not diary style ‘blog posts’, but more discovery missions. The same exploration is revisited and updated over time as I discover more. Explorations do not start as a belief I wish share, but as something to be investigated.
This site is not designed to generate revenue or to attempt to convince the world of a specific point of view. There are times I come to the conclusion and feel “wow, others should see this”, but this site has no promotional mechanism and is not going to practice the type of polarisation required for popularity.
There are three reasons ‘explorations’ can be seen by the public:
- That it is possible anyone to see what I find creates additional discipline try and be accurate.
- In cases where someone I know has asked me something, it can allow me to share what I find with that person.
- It allows others to add to what I discover by way of comments.
Originally I waited until an exploration had come to a conclusion before allowing it to be seen by others, but I am now revising that, and opening the investigation from an early stage. This leads to a few categories:
- Indexed: There is a link to this exploration either directly or indirectly from the Home / Index / Search page.
- Unindexed: Just like and indexed exploration, except it has not yet been indexed.
- Topics – An indexed Topic, with links to a number of individual explorations.
- Explored – The subject has been explored to a found where can conclusions can be made.
- Surprises – Unexpected outcomes where found during exploration.
- Early Explorations: Topic that are a work in progress. Could be worth bookmarking if you are interested in the topic to see what follow, but so far inconclusive.
- Flagged Resource Collections: Topics that are considered worth exploring, but still collecting at collecting information stage for later exploration. If time has passed and you are interested please comment on in order to bring it to attention.
- Randoms – Just thoughts that do not fit any other category
Each page is an exploration of an idea. with the goal that through the process of trying to arrange my thoughts sufficiently clearly that anyone could see them, will help crystallise more clearly what makes sense and what does not in relation to issues that come to my attention.
There is no attempting to convince people of any particular perspective. Anyone is welcome to read, and perhaps even provide other perspectives for consideration. This site is not constructed with any mechanisms to attract readers, and by being in text rather popular video format, seeking to be balanced rather than polarising, is the opposite of what thrives on social media.